- Download Story App saver on your android device and Repost Stories App on your iPhone device to save Instagram stories.
- Log in to the app with your Instagram login info.
- Select the account with the story you want.
- Select the story in question and click download to save it to your phone.
When Instagram first hit the Store in 2010, it garnered significant attention and soon became one of the world’s leading social media networks. But the best was yet to come. Instagram’s popularity skyrocketed with the introduction of features like GIF stickers, video posts, and, of course, Stories.
Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours. You will lose all the hard work you’ve put into creating your beautiful Instagram story. Instagram stories are the most used tool in the app. Not only to share the behind-the-scene details of your life fun but also so helpful for businesses to showcase in the stories.
Since the story feature has a built-in camera, many Instagram users shoot the story direct using this feature. So, here is what you just need to take extra steps to ensure that your Stories are saved to your device before they disappear after the 24-hour mark.
9 ways to save Instagram Stories
Save your own Story on Instagram
If you choose to use the built-in Instagram camera — instead of uploading photos from your Camera Roll — you’ll want to know how to save Instagram Stories before you start posting. You’ve two options: download the Stories to your Camera Roll, or save them to your Instagram Archive.
In addition to letting you view your Stories beyond the 24-hour limit, the Archive also permits you to do more in the following:
- Share your old Stories and posts as memories of your current Story.
- Create Highlights on your profile.
- Share old Stories as Instagram posts as well.
Also, read about: How to Make a Limited Profile Facebook?
Using Native Screen Recorder On Android
There are many ways to save Instagram stories, but using the built-in screen recorder on your mobile phone is perhaps the fastest way to save Instagram stories on your device.
You can find the screen recording option for the latest Android devices on the activity pull-down tray or in your device’s settings. The first step in using this native method to save Instagram stories is to locate them.
To do that, follow these steps.
- Look for the built-in screen recorder by going through your notification panel. On your home screen, swipe down from the top portion of your home page to reveal your notification bar.
- Go to your system tray area to locate the screen recorder icon. The way to do this may vary depending on your phone. Some phone models require you to drag down again, while others require a swipe to the side.
In this area, many shortcuts are commonly used in your device, including the Screen Recorder.
Not able to find the shortcut? Here’s the solution.
- Now that you know where to record the Screen. Open Instagram, and go through the stories to see what you want to save.
- When you find it, simply drag the notification bar and Tap on the screen recorder.
- Your phone’s screen recorder will activate. It will likely create a floating icon. In this case, the app is not recording yet. So, you still need to press the red button to start recording.
- Once you tap the red button, you will see some indicators that a recording is ongoing, such as the floating numbers.
- Now your phone is starting the recording your Instagram story! To stop the recording, simply tap on the red button. Your phone will also notify you that your saved story is available in your gallery.
Here’s a video to save Instagram stories, so you can easily understand the actions:
Using The Story Saver App On Android
One of the best and most popular way to save Instagram stories is to use the Story saver app.
- Install the Story Saver app on!
- Open the Save Instagram stories App!
There you’ll see two options: log in with Instagram and log in with Facebook. Select the first one.
- This app will take you to the Instagram login page. Login into your Instagram account. This app will permit you to save Instagram stories into the story saver.
- After login! You’ll see a list of accounts with stories available. Just tap on the account with the story you want to see.
- After opening the accounts, you can view the story, download, share, or report them. Select the download option to save the Instagram story you want to keep.
- To see where Instagram stories are saved? Simply go to the Story saver folder in your gallery.
Also, read about: How to Remove Google Smart Lock Facebook
Using Native Screen Recorder On iPhone (Video)
Although the process is similar, the steps vary slightly when recording from the built-in screen recorder on iPhone.
In this section, you’ll learn how to save Instagram stories from someone’s account through your iPhone’s native screen recorder.
- Before this, you’ll see the screen recording function in your iPhone control panel. To do this, go to the iPhone setting and scroll down to see the Control Center option.
- Here, you simply check that the screen recorder is available in the included control panel.
- If not, scroll to see the screen recording and tap on the plus icon to add.
- Go back to the home screen, swipe down for new models & swipe up for old models. You’ll see the screen recorder option with a circle dot inside. You’ve to tap that circle to start taking a screen recording.
- Now, you can record your screen. So, go ahead and open Instagram. Look for the story you want to record, then open your control panel and tap on screen record. Your phone will start recording.
- To stop and save the recording, tap the red button on your screen’s top left corner. Click Stop.
- Your screen recording story is automatically saved on your iPhone.
Any issue? Simply see this video on how to record an Instagram story from your iPhone screen:
Using The Repost Stories App On iPhone
There’re many great apps to save another person’s Instagram story to your iPhone. But for this tutorial, I’ll use the Repost Story app, which you can use to save Instagram stories and repost them.
- Download and install the Repost stories App from the App store.
- In Repost Stories, login into your Instagram account. This app will let you view all the stories of the accounts you follow without opening the native Instagram app.
- After that, you’ll see all the accounts with active stories. Simply Select the account with the story you want to watch and save.
- Once you tap on the account, you’ll automatically be on the Story tab. In the story lab, simply select the story you want to download.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the “Share Story” option.
- Then you’ll see a pop-up menu where you just tap on Save to Files” option.
- You’ve two choices:”: “iCloud Drive” and “Save to Phone.” Select the “iCloud Drive” option and click Add to save the story to your iCloud.
- When you save the images/videos to your iCloud, they aren’t immediately available in your camera roll. If you need to access the saved stories immediately, open the Files app on your iPhone and select the saved story from your Recents.
- Once you’ve done this, tap the share icon at the bottom left of the screen to bring up the share menu.
- Find the “Save Image” Option at the bottom right and click it to save your downloaded Instagram Story to the camera roll.
Using A Screen Recorder On PC
Like mobile devices, You can also save Instagram stories on a PC using a screen recorder. There are several free screen recorders available for PC. However, I’ll use the Xbox Game Bar for this tutorial.
- To save Instagram stories simply, open the Instagram website on your PC.
- Press the Windows button + G to bring up the Xbox Game Bar, then select the capture option.
- After clicking on the capture option, you’ll see a set of icons left off your screen. Select the record option (a white circle) from these options to start recording your screen.
- Now, select the story you want to view and download it. While viewing the story, the Xbox Bar records the Instagram story.
- When you’re finished, simply click on the stop button (the red circle with the white square), and your recording will be automatically saved in the Captures folder.
Using A Browser Extension On PC
Mobile phone devices aren’t the only way to save Instagram stories. You can also save Instagram stories on your PC.
One of the ways to do this is by using a browser extension. I’ll use the Story Saver extension for Google Chrome for this process.
- Install the story saver extension on your chrome browser store.
- Then, go to the Instagram website and select the story you want to view and download.
- While viewing the story, click the Story Saver icon in your extension in your toolbar, and the story will be downloaded to your desktop.
- The Instagram story will be saved in your PC download folder.
With Spying Apps
You can also use spying apps to access everything, including stories and posts.
However, to use this method, you also need physical access to their phones. It is not always feasible, so this method is not as straightforward to implement as the ones above.
On the plus side, a spy app permits you to do other things such as spy on other chat apps such as WhatsApp and even download WhatsApp stories.
Archive stories in your Instagram app
Archive stories is an extraordinary setting that is provided on the Instagram app.
It permits you to activate an Archive option that automatically saves all stories you Publish on Instagram.
To activate this option, follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram account and click on the ‘Settings icon.’
- Click on ‘Archive’
- In the ‘Saving‘ section, activate the options ‘Save Story to Archive‘ (Android) or ‘Save to Camera Roll (iOS).
That’s it. Now every time you post an Instagram story, it will be saved in the Archive section, from where you can easily download stories into your phone library.
To access this section and view the saved stories, just follow these steps below:
- Open your Instagram account and click ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Archive’
- The Archive screen will pop up, where you will find all stories categorized by date.
Now your Instagram stories are saved forever in your Instagram account.
One of the most significant benefits of saving Instagram stories in Archive is the future possibility of reposting or re-using these stories to create Instagram Stories Highlights.
Automatically save your Stories on Instagram
Suppose the idea of manually downloading your Instagram Story every time you post one sounds tedious. In that case, we have good news: You can set your Instagram Stories to be automatically saved to your Camera Roll.
Here’s how to automatically download your Instagram Stories:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Press the icon of your profile picture at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Press the three horizontal lines at the top-right of the screen.
- Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Story.
- Scroll down to the Saving section.
- Toggle on the Save to Camera Roll option.
1: Can you save an entire Instagram story?
Yes, you can save an entire Instagram story. Just click on your profile icon in the top left corner of your screen, then click the three dots on the bottom right-hand corner. Tap the “Save” option, and from the two options available, select “save story” to save your entire IG story.
2: Can you save other people’s Instagram stories?
You can save other people’s Instagram stories. Saving still images is the easiest because you can take a screenshot of the image. However, videos usually require the use of an app such as Story Saver or a screen recorder to save the video(s) that have been posted.
3: Can you save someone else’s Instagram live?
You can also save someone else’s IG live while it’s happening by using your device screen recorder to record the live, including the comments. If the person has made their live available after a broadcast, you can download it using a screen recorder or a story-saving app.
That’s How To Save Other People’s Instagram Stories
How’d you like this article?
To be honest, being able to save Instagram stories is a wonderful way to save a moment you and your friend shared on your story but forgot to save it. If you were wondering how to save someone’s Instagram live videos, downloading them after it’s been made available is also a viable option too.
Whether you’re using an iPhone, Android, or PC, saving someone else’s story with these methods is simple and will only take a couple of minutes, at most.