Install Android 12? After going through the initial developer preview phase, the fifth Android 12 beta now is here. The latest Android 12 beta is a release applicant, meaning the solid launch is next. Google says its major goal is to make Android 12 “more intuitive, greater performing, and more secure.
But betas are majorly geared towards developers, this latest release is nearly stable. There might still be some issues, but general users would probably be GOOD using this as a daily driver. For those with an extra Pixel, you can easily download and apply the update manually or via OTA. That said, the recommended method is an over-the-air update which you can sign up for here to check phone eligibility.
Using a factory image is the default method, But we highly recommend skipping the factory images in favor of OTA images. You’ll still have to install it manually, but while we using an OTA image doesn’t require you to completely wipe your device. Yes, if you are a developer and want the cleanest method, factory images might be better for you.
Here’s what you need to get started
- A Pixel 3 or later device and a USB cable to connect it to your PC.
- Pixel phones include the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5
- Android SDK installed on your PC with ADB and Fastboot command successfully working – Here is the Tutorial
Now for the next steps.
Download the proper files to install Android 12 beta
You must download the exact file for your device before you get started. We recommend using OTA images over factory images because the process is easier to do and permits you to keep old files if you’re interested.
Click here to grab the OTA image for your particular Pixel device. It’s also workable to use the full factory images (here), which needs some extra hoops like unlocking your bootloader and more. If you want to keep everything simple, we recommend sideloading the OTA. We designed our directions below for this install type with easy steps.
Also, Read About: Facebook Not Loading Feed.
Prepare your phone
Once you have installed the file, you need to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode to apply the OTA. Then, you will be ready to install the Android 12 beta.
- Shut off your phone.
- Hold down Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- After That, the bootloader menu will now show up. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to the Recovery Mode.
- Select Recovery Mode by clicking on the power button.
- You will be presented with an Android robot with an exclamation mark on it. Now you will need to press the power button and volume up button for a while.
- Release the volume up button will send you fully into recovery.
- After that, use the volume buttons and scroll down to Apply update from ADB. Press the power button to select the option.
- Lastly, you will see a blank screen telling you how to sideload an OTA.
Also, Read About: What is VZWPIX? | How does it Work?
Prepare your PC to Install Android 12 beta
Now that your phone is ready, it’s time to install android 12.
- Connect your pixel to your PC via a USB cable. But remember, your PC needs to have ADB tools installed.
- On Windows, enter Command Prompt. On Linux or Mac, you’ll need to use Terminal. For Windows users, make sure you navigate to wherever you’re storing the folder.
- After that, you must enter ADB sideload for Windows or ./ADB sideload for Mac/Linux.
- Now you will need to enter the name of the .zip folder from before and hit enter.
- Once you’ve completed it, your phone will return to Recovery Mode, and now you can remove the USB cable.
- Go to Reboot Now with the volume keys and press the power button.
And that’s all process. If everything went well, you were able to install the Android 12 beta successfully.