- To lock Facebook Profile, Type m.facebook.com on the browser or open Facebook app on Android or iPhone devices.
- Tap on the three-dot menu next to the ‘Add to Story’ section.
- Find the ‘Lock Profile’ option. Tap on it and you’ll be taken to the Lock Profile page.
- And here click on ‘Lock your Profile.’
Want to Lock Facebook Profile? Facebook is a great app to be social without actual physical contact. Social media platform has become an important part of our lives as we tend to get all the information about our friends, family, loved ones, and more through the platform. This also means that it becomes a medium for stalkers. We all have been through this situation when stalkers keep searching your profile and downloading your profile photos to create fake accounts and more.
In order to curb this, the company recently introduced a new safety feature called lock Facebook profile. The feature permits users to have more control over their profiles. The feature is helpful for those who want to lock their profile from stalkers or strangers. In this article, we are going to show you the easy ways to lock your Facebook profile on your Android or iOS and through the mobile website.
Also read about: How to Remove Google Smart Lock Facebook
How does Facebook Lock Profile Work?
Facebook now introduced a new safety feature called Facebook profile lock. The feature permits users to restrict access to one’s profile to people who are not present on their friends list. Once the user locked his/her profile, other people who are not present on the friend’s list will not be able to see the profile. Furthermore, they will not be able to download profile photos and cover photos. The company also says that users cannot also see photos and posts as well.
Also, They cannot access the Stories a user put on his profile. As well, the Facebook Lock Profile feature also changes the posts that have been shared in the past from Public to friends. The tag review and timeline review also get turned on. This means others have to take permission to tag you on their posts. In addition, only a portion of their About info will be visible to everyone. Now you know how the lock your profile feature works on Facebook, let’s take a closer look at methods “How to lock Facebook profile” on different platforms.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Android and iPhone?
Facebook Android and iOS applications permit you to easy to lock your profile from stalkers. Here’s a step-by-step guide for lock Facebook profile:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on your Profile.
- Now tap on the three-dot menu next to the ‘Add to Story’ section.
- Here, you’ll find the ‘Lock Profile’ option. Tap on it and you’ll be taken to the Lock Profile page.
- Tap on the ‘Lock Your Profile button to confirm.
Now, your Facebook Profile is locked. You can also choose to unlock it by following the similar steps mentioned above.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Website?
You can use the desktop browser to lock Facebook profile. Just you need to follow these steps:
- Type m.facebook.com on your mobile browser and log into your Facebook account.
- After that go to the Edit Profile option.
- There you’ll see the three-dot menu. Tap on it and go to the Lock Profile option.
- It’ll take you to another page where it will you how locking works and comes with the Lock Your Profile button at the bottom. Tap on it to lock your profile.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile on Android or iPhone?
Facebook also permits you to unlock your Facebook account whenever you want. You just need to follow the following steps.
- Go to the Facebook app on your mobile or facebook.com on your desktop browser.
- Click on your Profile section and tap on the three-dot menu.
- There, you’ll find Unlock Profile option. Simply tap on it and you’ll see a pop-up message. Click on Unlock Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1: Why there is no lock profile option on my Facebook?
The Facebook lock profile option is not working because it is not available in every region right now. According to Facebook, you can only lock your profile in certain regions. The lock profile option was first introduced in India as a privacy feature. As of early 2022, it’s known to be available in 7 more regions.
2: Is Facebook lock profile available in the Philippines?
The Lock Facebook Profile feature isn’t available for Philippine users yet.
3: What happens to profile pictures, cover photos, and feature photos when the profile is locked?
Whenever a user locks their Facebook profile, only those in the friends will be able to tap on the pictures to view them. People not on the friends list will see a smaller version of the profile picture and cover photo. However, the current profile and cover photos will be visible to everyone, though they cannot open them. Moreover, only friends can tag, comment, or like the profile or cover photo.
4: What happens to posts, photos, albums, and more once the Facebook profile is locked?
When the Lock Facebook Profile feature is activated, all the profile posts, photos, albums, and stories will be only visible to their friends. One can no longer make Public posts from their profile. The same goes for photos, albums, and stories.
Facebook is an incredible social media for global communication. However, as the world is getting more concerned about data privacy, it is time to protect your Facebook accounts for good. Locking your profile secures your data from pirates and stalkers.
After locking, you’ll have to re-enter your password on all the devices. Once you have locked your Facebook profile, Facebook will add an indication to your profile.
However, remember that once you activate this function, you’ll no longer be able to publish to the public. Instead, friends can only see the posts and share them.