How to delete Snapchat Account: Save and Permanently Remove your Data
- Go to accounts.snapchat.com, sign in to your Snapchat account, and tap on Delete My Account.
- To permanently delete Snapchat account, you must wait for 30 days after you deactivate your account.
- To reactivate, sign in to your account using your username and password within 30 days of deactivating it.
Snapchat is very popular among youngsters, but of hundreds of millions of daily active users, not everyone is satisfied with Snapchat. One of the significant concerns with Snapchat is that the recipient can record the snaps of the creators without their knowledge or consent. You might also want to delete your Snapchat account if you want a new username or a fresh start on Snapchat, or you are no longer interested in Snapchat or want to give time to your other priorities.
Whatever the reason, if you want to deactivate your Snapchat, you are at the right place. This article is a simple and easy guide on how to delete a Snapchat account, and it takes only a few minutes to delete a Snapchat account.
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is an instant messaging app and service. One of the key features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are only accessible for a short time to their recipients. Snap Inc developed Snapchat. It was initially released on July 8, 2011. It can be used only on Android 4.4 and iOS 12 or later operating systems and is available in 37 languages.
How to download your Snapchat data? ( Save Snapchat )
Before you deactivate Snapchat, you might want to preserve your information, such as snaps, chat history, search history, and account information. The following are the steps to download your Snapchat data.
- Open accounts.snapchat.com.
- Go to My Data and click Submit Request.
- You’ll receive a download link to your email address linked with Snapchat.
- Open the link to download your data.
Also, read about: How to Delete Reddit History
Why deactivate or delete Your Snapchat account?
You might want to delete your Snapchat account if
- You don’t want your snaps to get recorded without your concern.
- You no longer snap or chat with friends or create stories.
- You’ve too many unwanted friends and want to start with a new account.
- You are no longer interested in Snapchat or a change of priorities.
Can you temporarily deactivate Snapchat? ( Snapchat Deactivate )
You might be wondering if you can deactivate Snapchat. As for now, there is no option to deactivate Snapchat temporarily. If you want to deactivate your Snapchat, you’ve to delete it, and Snapchat will give you 30 days to change your decision after the Snapchat deactivation process. You can reactivate your Snapchat account within 30 days. After 30 days, you will not be able to recover your Snapchat account.
How to delete Snapchat account?
Are you excited to know how to delete Snapchat? Following is a simple and easy guide on How to delete your Snapchat account on your computer, Android or iPhone.
How to delete your Snapchat account on your computer?
- Go to account settings and click My Account and Security.
- Go to Account Security, click Delete My Account, and click Accounts Portal.
- Enter your Snapchat details to log in.
- After entering your username and password, then click Continue.
- After your Snapchat account is deactivated, you’ve 30 days to reactivate the Snapchat account.
How to delete Snapchat account on your iPhone or Android?
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Tap on your avatar in the top left corner.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Please scroll down to the Support heading and press I Need Help.
- You’re on Snapchat’s support page. There’s a search bar at the top of this page. Type in ‘Delete’ and then select the first option that appears. It should be Delete my account.
- Click on delete your account.
- Tap on the Accounts Portal link in the text and follow.
- Now you’re at the Snapchat account deletion page. Enter your username and password, and after your Snapchat account is deactivated, you’ve 30 days to reactivate the Snapchat account.
What happens if you delete your Snapchat account? ( After Snapchat Deactivation )
After you complete the Snapchat deactivation process, you have 30 days to change your mind. After 30 days, Snapchat deletes the subsequent data from its database:
- Account settings
- Device data
- Location data
But according to Snapchat, a few of your personal information may stay in the database for "certain legal, security and business requirements."
How to reactivate your Snapchat account?
You can reactivate your Snapchat account easily within 30 days of Snapchat Deactivate.
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- It may reactivate your account within 24 hours.
Snapchat stores the following information.
- The information that you enter in the app by yourself.
- Information is obtained whenever you use Snapchat, such as from your device or location.
- The information is obtained from third parties such as advertisers, other users, contact lists, and information from third-party apps).
The risks that are involved with other social media platforms.
Many risks are involved in using social media, such as cyberstalking, social profiling, third-party information sharing, and warrantless searches.
To avoid social media risks, you should
- Use strong and unique passwords.
- Enable 2 steps verification.
- Beware of phishing scams.
- Cancel access to third-party apps.
- Use the geotags wisely.
- Take care of social media accounts.
1: Can I reactivate my Snapchat account and keep my settings?
You can reactivate your Snapchat account within 30 days and retain your settings.
2: Does Snapchat keep any of my data after deleting my account?
3: Does Snapchat create a message about deactivating my account that my friends can see?
Snapchat does not create any message when you deactivate Snapchat. Your Snapchat account disappears after the completion of the process of Snapchat Deactivate.
4: How do I know if my friend deactivated a Snapchat account?
- Search for the username of your friend’s account.
- If your friend’s username does not appear in searches, your friend deactivated or deleted the account.
5: Does deleting my Snapchat account delete all of my chats?
Deleting the Snapchat account will delete all chats from your account, but the past messages you sent to people will remain in their account.
6: Do I lose my friends if I deactivate Snapchat
While your Snapchat is deactivated, your friends will not be able to see your account or interact with you. After 30 days of the process of Snapchat Deactivate, your account gets deleted permanently, and you lose all of your friends on Snapchat.
7: How many times can you deactivate and reactivate Snapchat?
You can reactivate your Snapchat account within 30 days after Snapchat Deactivate. It seems to be no limit on how many times you can deactivate and reactivate Snapchat. Please tell us in the comments below if you want to add anything.
8: Can someone tag me if my account is deactivated?
No one can tag you after you deactivate Snapchat because your account disappears after you deactivate Snapchat, and no one can interact with you.
Our digital space can be messy with unnecessary and inactive accounts, and forgetting about them can cause serious security risks. I hope you find this article helpful in deleting a Snapchat account for whatever reason. Please let us know in the comments below if you have any further queries.
Robert is a Writer for 4lolipop. He joined 4lolipop in September 2021 and has deep-seated passions for gaming, music, ice hockey, and, of course, mobile technology. He started creating content in 2010 and has been writing in a professional capacity since 2014.