How to Change Snapchat Username | Ultimate Guide
How to Change Snapchat Username? Snapchat does not permit users to change their usernames or transfer account data betwixt usernames. This article instructs you how to work around those obstacles by changing your Snapchat display name, creating a new account, and saving your friends’ usernames to add them to your new account.
Change Your Snapchat Display Name
Initially, there is the best way to replace your username with a custom Display Name. Your username remains the same, but it’s barely visible to your friends.
Here’s how to change your Snapchat username.
- Open Snapchat and select your profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the gear icon in the upper right corner to go to Settings.
- Click Name.
- Enter your new display name in the Name box.
- Tap Save.
The new name that you save in the Name field appears in your friend’s chats and stories instead of your username.
The hardly time a friend will see your username is if they view your profile during a chat (which shows your Snap code, name, username, snap score, and chat emojis)—or if they select your Display-Name when they look for friends.
Also Read About: How to Make a Premium Snapchat
Make a New Snapchat Account and Username
Another way to change your Snapchat username is to create a new account. You will manually add friends to your new account if you choose this option. Here’s how to save your friends’ Snapchat names and create a new account.
If you make a new Snapchat account, you lose data from your old account, which includes your current snap code, snap score, snap streaks, friends, conversations, and trophies you win.
- Click Chat and choose the New Chat icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll to All to see your friends in alphabetical order. Write down each name or take a screenshot of the list. Click the X in the upper right corner to cancel the New Chat.
- Hunt for the first friend in your list by typing their name in the search field at the top of the screen.
- Put down the username that appears under their Display Name. Do again #4 to find all of your friends’ usernames.
- Click on the X in the search bar to exit the search. Select your profile and choose the gear icon in the upper-right corner to access Settings.
- Click on the Log Out at the bottom of the Settings list, and confirm that you want to log out from your account.
- Click on Sign Up to create a new account with your new username.
- Following this, you complete the account setup process for your new account. Select the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends’ usernames. Click Add to add them.
Or, if your friends are in your smartphone's contact list, sync your contacts to your account to add them in bulk and accelerate the process.
I’m the founder as well as Editor-in-Chief @4lolipop. I love technology and have been addicted to it since childhood. I always keep myself updated about upcoming trends in the tech industry and I will try my best to keep my community up to date about these trends.