As remote work becomes vastly adopted in workplaces globally, the need to access email — either in-office, at home, or on the go — has become critical for job success. Learning how to access work email from home can be challenging if you’re new to remote work.
Work these days infrequently stop when you leave the office, and more and more people are learning to check work emails from home or on the go. If your company allows it, you may be able to connect to your work email server using Outlook Web App (formerly Outlook Web Access). You can also use the traditional Outlook client or your smartphone. Connecting will usually require contacting your IT department.
Access Work Email Using Outlook Web App
- Contact your organization’s IT department. Before trying to access your work email, contact your organization’s IT department to make sure that it is permitted. Many companies prohibit accessing work email outside of the office for the reason of security. Your IT department can also point you in the right direction for getting access to your work email.
- Look if your business uses Microsoft Office 365 or an Exchange server that supports Outlook Web App (Access). Relying on the Microsoft products your business is using, there are many different ways you may be able to access your work email from a web browser. If your company uses Office 365 for Business or has an Exchange server configured for web access, you can use Outlook Web App (formerly Outlook Web Access) to view your work emails.
- Look at the login page for your company’s email service. If your company does have Outlook Web App, you can easily access the login page relying on how your company’s email service is configured:
Office 365 for Business – Visit portal.office.com.
Exchange server – Look at the login page for your Exchange server. For example, If your company is called “Interslice,” your Exchange login page might mail.interslice.com.
- Log in with your Email. Enter your Office 365 for Business or Exchange Email. If you don’t know these, contact your company’s IT department.
- Open your mailbox. After logging, You’ll be able to open your inbox. The process is might differ depending on if you’re using Office 365 for Business or an Exchange server:
Office 365 for Business – Click the app launcher button and select “Mail.”
Exchange server – Click the “Mail” option in the navigation bar.
- Read and acknowledge them in your mail. Once you’ve opened your inbox, you can view, reply, and compose messages as you can do using others’ mail. Your folders will be available on the left side of the screen, and your messages available in the middle. Selecting a message will make it appear in the right frame.
Access Work Email using Outlook Client
- Contact your Company IT department. Many Businesses have many company policies for accessing email outside of work. Your IT department must have special instructions you’ll need to follow while getting your connection to your email account configured.
- Open Outlook on your PC. If your company uses Exchange or Office 365 for Business, You can add the account to Outlook on your Windows or Mac.
- Open the File menu and select “Info.” And you can see account information for your current accounts.
- Select the “Add Account” button. This will let you add a new account to Outlook.
- Enter your work email. Outlook will easily detect the type of server that you are connecting to. You’ll likely enter your password again during the setup process.
- Access your work email. After you log in with your work account, you can easily send and receive work emails using this Outlook client. Only select your work inbox from the left navigation menu.
Also Read About: Top 20 Sites for Free eBooks Download in 2021
Access Work Email using iPhone Exchange Email
- Contact your Company’s IT department. Many companies do not allow workers to access email from outside of the company for security purposes. Communicate with your IT department to see if you can even access your email at home. They can usually provide you the best instructions for getting connected as well.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone device. If you have an Office 365 for Exchange-based email account or Business, you may be able to add it to your iPhone’s Mail app, provided your IT department has allowed outside connections.
- Select “Contacts, Calendars, Mail.” This might be open the settings for all of your connected email accounts.
- Tap “Add Account” and select “Exchange.” This will permits you to add Exchange and Office 365 for Business email accounts.
- Enter your email address with the password. Make sure to add the domain at the end of your email address (e.g. “[email protected]).
- Make sure that “Mail” is toggled on and tap “Save.” This will add your Exchange or Office 365 for a Business account to your Mail app.
If you don’t connect to your Exchange or Office 365 for Business server, contact your company’s IT department, as they may not permits connections from mobile devices.
- Create a passcode if prompted. Some Exchange servers require you to create a passcode when adding your account. You’ll be prompted for this passcode when checking your work email.
Access Work Email using Android Exchange Email
- Contact your IT department. Counting on your company policy, you’ll not be ready to access your work email outside of the office. Contact your IT department to ascertain if you’ll connect to the Exchange server from your Android device and if there are any special instructions for your network.
- Open the Settings app on your Android. If your IT department gives you the go-ahead, you’ll add your Exchange or Office 365 for Business account using your Android Settings app.
- Select the “Accounts” option. This may display all of the accounts currently connected to your Android device.
- Tap the “+ Add account” button and choose “Exchange.” This may allow you to add an Exchange or Office 365 for a Business account to your Android.
- Enter your work email address. Enter in the email address that you simply use for your work Exchange server and tap “Next.”
- Enter your work email password. Enter the password that you simply use to access your work email. If you forget your password to access work email, contact your IT department.
- Review the account and server information. You’ll be shown your email address and password, also because of the server, port, and security type. You’ll usually leave these at their default, but you may get to change these at your IT department’s instruction.
If you can’t hook up with your Exchange server, contact your IT department to form sure that you’re allowed to access corporate email outside of the office. They’ll provide special instructions to access your mail.
- Adjust your account settings. After connecting to your account, you’ll be able to select what data you would like synced to your Android. Confirm “Sync Email” is chosen so as to receive your work email on your Android.
- Access your email from the e-mail or Mail app. After adding your account, you’ll be able to access work mail from your Android’s Email or Mail app.