Facebook is a great app to be social without actual physical contact. The social media platform has become an important part of our lives as we tend to get all the information about our friends, family, loved ones, and more through the platform. This also means that it becomes a medium for stalkers. We all have been through this situation when stalkers keep searching your profile and download your profile photos to create fake accounts and more.
In order to curb this, the company recently introduced a new safety feature called Facebook Profile Lock. The feature permits users to have more control over their profiles. The feature is helpful for those who want to lock their profile from stalkers or strangers. In this article, we are going to show you the easy ways to lock your Facebook profile on your Android or iOS and through the mobile website.
How does Facebook Lock Profile Works?
Facebook now introduced a new safety feature called Facebook profile lock. The feature permits users to restrict access to one’s profile to people who are not present on their friends’ list. Once the user locked his/her profile, other people who are not present on the friends’ list will not be able to see the profile. Furthermore, they will not be able to download profile photos and cover photos. The company also says that users cannot also see photos and posts as well.
Also, They cannot access the Stories a user put on his profile. As well, the Facebook Lock Profile feature also changes the posts that have been shared in the past from Public to friends. The tag review and timeline review also get turned on. This means others have to take permission to tag you on their posts. In addition, only a portion of their About info will be visible to everyone. Now you know how the lock your profile feature works on Facebook, let’s take a closer look at methods “How to lock Facebook profile” on different platforms.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Android?
Facebook Android application makes it a bit easy to “lock Facebook profile” from stalkers. Here’s a step-by-step action for locking Facebook profile:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and tap on your Profile.
- Now tap on the three-dot menu next to the ‘Add to Story’ section.
- Here, you’ll find the ‘Lock Profile’ option. Tap on it and you’ll be taken to the Lock Profile page.
- Tap on the ‘Lock Your Profile’ button to confirm.
Now, your Facebook Profile is locked. You can also choose to unlock it by following the similar steps mentioned above.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on iPhone or Website
Unfortunately, there is no such option to Lock Profile on Facebook’s iOS application. But there is a workaround for it. You can use the mobile browser to lock your profile. So, you’ve to need to follow these steps:
- Type m.facebook.com on your mobile browser and log into your Facebook account.
- After that go to the Edit Profile option.
- There you’ll see the three-dot menu. Tap on it and go to the Lock Profile option.
- It’ll take you to another page where it will you how locking works and comes with the Lock Your Profile button at the bottom. Tap on it to lock your profile.